12.28.2007

Dear Diary

Hampton Union 12-28-07

By Ron Dupuis

Dear Diary; Me, being a mans man, a manly sort of man, a masculine man, a man secure enough in his masculinity to keep a “Diary”, I do hereby submit the following inner most privet thoughts and neurotic feelings concerning the year past. If, indeed, as in the past, you, Dear Diary, allow me to rant and rave without the jaundice nonsensical type comments I receive from the pointy headed liberals in my life, I MAY make some mildly humorous, yet succinct , prognostications concerning 2008. It’s up to you.

Let me begin with a brief rundown of Christmas at the Dupuis household. It was great despite beginning at 5:30. The fireplace was roaring and the coffee was hot. My wife, the lovely Dorene, received all the jewelry she desired and an array of items that seemed to be necessary in order for this to be a home and not just a house. Santa was particularly generous to Miss Casey, our thirteen year old. She now has more computer capabilities than the Apollo 11 space capsule.
I was thrilled when my 2008 “Vast Right Wing Conspiracy” membership card arrived by secret messenger. As you know” Dear Dairy” we have been responsible for everything bad that has happen to the Clintons since the 90’s. From Whitewater to the $100,000 stock swindle, from Paula Jones to the Rose Law firm missing documents, from the Health Insurance failure to Chinagate, it was us. We are even responsible for fixing up Clinton with Lewinski. Wait until people see what we have in store for them in 2008.

Recently a question came my way from one of my pointy headed liberal friends (yes Dear Diary, there are liberals in my life whom I consider friends) as to why this column seems to trash Democrats all the time, and are there any Democrats that I like?
My response was immediate; “I trash Democrats because they make it so easy”, and “No there are no Democrats that I like.”

There are Democrats that I like as you, and only you know Dear Diary. Bill Richardson comes to mind. He has a wealth of experience both foreign and domestic. Joe Biden has a theory on how the situation in Iraq should be resolved that merits a “look see.” Barack Obama is an honest man, but because of his lack of experience the only chance he has of becoming President is if he steals it as Kennedy did in the sixties or Gore tried to do in 2000.
That’s about it for this entry Dear Diary. As usual you have allowed me to vent my inner most thought without comment and I thank you. As promised, here are a few predictions for the coming year.
1. Mitt Romney will not be the Republican nominee for President.
2. The Patriots will win the Super bowl.
3. The Democratic race is so close that it will be a “brokered” convention and Obama will emerge the winner.
4. Bill Clinton will be involved in a scandal so huge that it will rock Hillary’s campaign and upon losing the nomination she will file for divorce.
5. Whether they sign left handed pitcher Johan Santana or not, the Red Sox will win their second in a row World Series.
6. I will quit smoking.
7. If John McCain announced today that Sen. Joe Lieberman has agreed to be his V.P., they would not only win the Republican nomination but would go on right to the White House.
8. Finally, I will receive more comments concerning this column than anything else I’ve ever written.
Until next time, thank you Dear Diary.


Ron Dupuis is a long time New Hampshire resident, a former State Representative, and a freelance writer. His e-mail is drcdupuis@comcast.net. His web site may be viewed at www.imho-nh.blogspot.com

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online