7.28.2007

Someone is Going to Get Hurt

By Ron Dupuis

“Did you see that” I was asked?

“That airplane”, “Yes” I responded.

“That was no ordinary airplane” the speaker proclaimed excitedly.

“It was so low I could see the surveillance equipment on it.”

The event was promoted as a rally/barbeque in support of convicted tax evaders Ed and Elaine Brown of Plainfield, New Hampshire.

“You know they were taking pictures of us?”

“Yes, probably so” I responded somewhat indifferently.

“That plane was so low, about 500 feet and they want to see how many of us here are armed before they come in.” “Did you see all the surveillance equipment in the windows?” “Most likely military reconnaissance” my excited friend declared.

Its funny how two people, who observe the same incident, can draw such opposite conclusions? The plane was a small passenger jet making an approach to Lebanon airport a dozen or so miles away. As a former pilot I knew it was flying at about fifteen hundred feet, not five hundred as my friend exclaimed. Not an unusual altitude for an approach to a landing. I realize my eyesight may not be as good as my much younger, observant, current barbeque companion; however, the only surveillance from this particular aircraft might have been from a “Kodak moment” taken by the co-pilot.

”Let me get you a cold drink” I said as I walked away.



Throughout the day there were perhaps 250 to 300 people who visited the Browns home that day. They came from as far away as Montana, Chicago, Florida, and Texas. Many of them armed. There were people who detested the I.R.S. There were people who despised the Federal Reserve. There were people who hated politicians, judges, lawyers, police, and most of corporate America. There was even one individual from Rhode Island who hated women and blamed them for all the current world problems.

“The male of the species, in fact the male of all species, by nature and the natural order of the universe, are meant to be the providers, the hunters, and the protectors.” “It is only in the human race where the female gender has feminized the male so intently by taking away these responsibilities in both the family unit and the corporate world, have problems erupted.” “Women now control everything”, my misguided misogynic friend continued. “The family as a unit, the political world, the corporate world, and the economy.”

As scary as that particular individual was, he was far from the most troubling aspect of the attitude that this diverse group held. The common thread of all the I.R.S., Federal Reserve, politician, judges and corporate America haters, was their hatred of Jews. I’m not talking a few, I’m saying that 95% of the people I spoke with that day, and during my three other visits, blamed Jews for everything. Of course in order for them to be an equal opportunity bigot, they throw in the Freemasons.

“Centuries ago the Zionist were responsible for forming the secret society of Freemasonry” was one comment made by a principle of this event. “Today they are involved in a secret plan to form a new world order that will eventually enslave us all.” Not surprisingly this person finished with “An armed revolution is coming and we are prepared.” “Let in begin here in Plainfield, New Hampshire.”

In my humble opinion Ed Brown and his followers are using their argument with the I.R.S. as a means to promote some sort of future uprising. Their pretext is the protection of the Constitution of the United States. What they won’t tell you is that it is their interpretation, and only their interpretation, that is accepted too protect.

Not much good can come from the Browns armed holdout at their home. I can only hope the hateful rhetoric stops, the paranoia diminishes, and a peaceful solution is agreed to by both sides. Otherwise someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Ron Dupuis is a long time New Hampshire resident, a former State Representative, and a freelance writer. His blog may be viewed at IMHO-NH.blogspot.com. His e-mail is drcdupuis@comcast.net.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think your accusation about Jews is correct. I know most of the people who were there and none of them have ever said they don't like Jews....

There might be ONE person there, but I doubt 95% of them. It's a bad stereotype.

Unless you were at this party, how would you know anyway?

Anonymous said...

I WAS at the party and the greater majority of guest AND two of the principles express this view to me

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online