6.20.2006

Lee Slocum Passes

-- by Ed Naile

I was just coming back into NH by truck from Iowa and a Stihl Timbersports event I was working when I learned from my wife by cell phone that Rep. Lee Slocum was killed in a traffic accident. It still has not sunk in completely.

Lee was a CNHT Director before he was elected to his first term and was still on our e-list as an adviser. I remember driving around Amherst stuffing newspaper tubes with his election material in 2002 several days before he won. When we heard Lee was elected to the House we were ecstatic!

Lee had swatted more than a few political hornets nests in his area during a stint on the school board and with his well-reasoned (liberals hated that) letters to the editor.

He was a perfect gentleman and you had to be on the lookout for his wry sense of humor. He was one of the smartest people I have ever met. At Lee's funeral Rep. Mirski said he downloaded and saved all Lee's e-mails. I will be doing the same. He will be missed for a long, long time by our gang.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online